Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Four Cheese Macaroni


  • 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 cups milk
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 5-qt. Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; add cheeses and stir until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir until well coated.
Helpful hints: I reduced the milk to 2 1/2 C., to make it thicker and I baked it for 20 min. at 400. I didn't even put the salt in, there was plenty of flavor w/ the cheese.
I was a little worried about the blue cheese, but my kids loved this! It was very tasty and easy.
-allrecipec.com-

2 comments:

love2boys said...

ooh, yum! I'll have to try it.

FYI...TO ALL...BUTTERMILK SYRUP IS MY BOYS' FAV!!! YUMMY. You can also add different extracts, coconut, almond etc.

Jenni said...

I like the picture! I'm SO going to have to try this one! yummy!