Since I created this blog.. I have been sick w/ a nasty cold that has knocked me out. My kids and husband all have it too. So sadly to say, we have been eating lots of oatmeal and eggs. So sorry I haven't posted any new recipes. To be continued until I can sit up w/o my head spinning.
OATMEAL
3/4 C. old fashioned oats
2 T dried cranberries/cherries
2 T. raisins (I like yellow-golden)
1 T. sunflower seeds
1 C. water
dash of salt
Boil water w/ 1/4 tsp. salt. Add oatmeal, cranberries, raisins and sunflower seeds. Let cook until the water is almost gone, 1-2 min., turn off stove and put a lid on the pot. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Flavor w/ brown sugar, or honey, sugar and add milk.
Many of you are probably wondering, why is she posting this! Well it's because I love it, I eat it every morning. I know there are a lot of you who don't like oatmeal. This is just another way of dressing it up. It is really good and healthy. Good way to start off your day.
2 comments:
good idea to start this! Give those of us who need some motivation in the kitchen!
Oh Steph, I wanted to tell you that on my last grocery shopping trip I bought all the ingrediants... and it is so yummy. You have me hooked, Tyler and Avery are also fans... Braxton, well, you know Braxton! Thanks for the yummy idea!
PS You should take pictures of all the recipes.. its so much more motivating! ;)
Post a Comment