Thursday, November 20, 2008

Apple Crisp

8 medium apples (I use red and green)
2 C. Flour
2 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 C. Oatmeal
2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 C. Butter
2 Tsp. Nutmeg
2 Tsp. Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Peel and slice apples. Spray 9x13 pan w/ cooking spray. Place apples in pan and pour lemon juice over. Mix flour, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cut in butter and mix til mixture looks like pebbles. Then mix in oatmeal. Pour over the top of apples. Cook for 30min.-45, until apples are done.
Hints: I use about 1 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg, play with it. Depends on how much you like nutmeg. Also I melt butter about half way in the microwave, it's easier to mix. Also w/ the oatmeal, you can either blend it, so it's almost like a flour, or as is. I have tried both ways, and I think I like the blended version better.
ENJOY... this recipe creates a yummy crust topping. I don't know about you, but I that's my favorite part, and there is plenty to love!!

3 comments:

love2boys said...

Mmmmmmmm. I haven't baked this myself yet, but Steph made it for my and my sister, and I ate like half the pan! It's very good, especially since I'm a crust girl!
You all should make it for your wonderful families!!!

love2boys said...

By the way Steph, I love this blog! I'll check it all the time...espcially when I start cooking/baking again! :)And since I know all my sisters are wonderful cooks, they need to post some recipes too! Share the love! :)

Sid said...

What a great idea steph. I will be visiting this sight often for new ideas. I just had someone give me a recipe lately and it was really good. I will have to send it to you.